Friday, January 20, 2012

First Ultrasound, Check

Well, yesterday was our first doctor's appointment! Everything went extremely well, even better than I thought it would.  My nerves and anxiety had been building up for awhile, and it was finally nice to hear the doctor tell us that the baby was healthy, and in the right spot.  It was also nice to hear that there was only one baby in me, since I had a dream that we had found out we were having quadruplets!  The ultrasound measured me at exactly 6 weeks and 4 days, and the expected due date will be September 10.

The first ultrasound is something that Alex and I will never forget.  We could actually see our little baby's heartbeat going up and down, and even heard it for the first time!  Baby Gifford's heart was beating at 123 beats per minute.  It amazes me that something so small can have such a strong heartbeat.

Some of my new symptoms this week include mild morning sickness, sense of smell, and food aversions.  The morning sickness hasn't been bad at all, thankfully, just some nausea here and there.  As long as I make sure I eat 6 to 8 times a day and keep my stomach from being empty I am fine.

Only 6 more weeks until my first trimester will be complete! Have a happy week, everyone!

1 comment: