Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Halfway Done!

Well, we have finally made it to the halfway point! I want to personally apologize for my slacking on writing posts.  I promise to keep those of you who want (or should I say NEED) updated at least once a week.  It will be a little easier now that my baby bump is starting to show!  Here is a quick recap of everything that has happened in the last 5 weeks.

16 Weeks:  I have a very good friend who has given me "free" sonograms every few weeks when something doesn't feel right, or I just want a peek inside.  We were pretty sure we could determine the sex of the baby, but I have my 20 week sonogram this Friday, just to double check! I will definitely make sure to post as soon as we know.  Here are a couple of pictures from the sonogram.  First is the profile, and second is the legs.



17 Weeks:  This week was extremely exciting for me! I felt the baby move for the first time.  My doctor, as well as all the pregnancy books I have been reading, said it would feel like butterflies fluttering.  I never had that feeling, so I wasn't for sure what was really going on in there.  But at 17 weeks and 4 days I truly knew what was happening.  For me, it felt like a tickle sensation, but it soon became more of a "knock."  These days it just feels like the baby is kicking or nudging me.  It always catches me off guard, but it is so exciting at the same time.

18 Weeks:  Sleep, what is that?! So, I have started to have to sleep with my Snoogle pillow now that my belly has started to round out.  I was always a tummy sleeper, but now I have to sleep on my side.  Tossing and turning from side to side every night doesn't help.  In a way, it is probably getting me ready for the many sleepless nights ahead of me once the baby is here!

19 Weeks:  Cravings and numerous bathroom breaks started up this week.  I can't get enough of Chik Fil A waffle fries and chocolate milk.  I know, weird combo, but YUM!

20 Weeks:  Good news, I am halfway done! Bad news, migraine headaches started up this week.  I have never had headaches like these before.  Blurred vision, flashing lights, sensitivity to light, and a pounding head is what I have felt lately.  I have been drinking some caffeine to try and help with the pain.  Hopefully they will go away soon.  Here are some recent bump pictures for you to enjoy...I am getting fat...or as Alex tries to say nicely, "You are just pregnant sweetie."



We are looking forward to Friday to find out if Baby Gifford will be a boy a girl! More to come this weekend! :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Love that the baby is moving! Cherish it while you can - they don't stay in there!

    ReplyDelete